- A 138.0 g metal block absorbs 4.512 × 103 J of heat to increase its temperature from 25°C to 110° What is the substance? Show your work.
Specific Heats of Selected Substances
- A 6.0 V battery is hooked up with three resistors (R1, R2, and R3) in parallel with resistances of 2.0 Ω, 4.5 Ω, and 10.0 Ω, respectively.
- Draw a labeled circuit diagram for the circuit described using correct symbols. (Use computer drawing tools or hand draw, scan and copy and paste.)
- Calculate the equivalent resistance.
- Calculate the current passing through each resistor in the circuit.
- tA pulley system is used to raise a 140.0 N crate 6.5 m from the loading dock to the ship. This requires a force of 80.0 N to be applied by the longshoreman.
- What is the mechanical advantage of the pulley system?
- What is the efficiency of the system if the ideal mechanical advance of the system was equal to 3?
- Find both the work input and work output assuming the efficiency found in part b.
- A 600.0 kg roller coaster car is at rest at the top of a 110.0 m hill. It rolls down the first drop to a height of 40.0 m then goes up the next hill where it is moving at 30.0 m/s at the top. It then rolls down the second hill until it is at ground level. Draw a picture of the roller coaster (there should be 2 hills) and calculate the kinetic and potential energy at the top and bottom of each hill. Label your work clearly. You should have 4 locations with both KE and PE energy shown.
- A 5.0 cm object is 10.0 cm to the left of a convex lens with a focal length of +7.0 cm.
- Draw a ray diagram of the setup showing the location of the image.
- Calculate the distance of the image from the lens.
- Calculate the height of the image and identify the type of image (virtual, real, upright, inverted)